WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- When thousands of Americans wake up this morning, feeling all bloated and heavy from all of the wings, nachos, beers and other goodies they consumed during Super Bowl 50, they probably will decide today is the day to begin that diet.
Well, they wouldn't be wrong.
According to Nutrisystem, the leading home delivery weight loss program for men and women, "Super Monday" -- the Monday after the final NFL game of the season -- has been identified as one of the biggest dieting decision days of the year.
Based on the company's proprietary data, both men and women (mostly wives) historically rally to inquire about the Nutrisystem® Men's Program post-game day.
Even four-time Super Bowl champion Terry Bradshaw, who lost 32 pounds on Nutrisystem, says, "It makes perfect sense. You go for the chips, you go long for the guacamole and you just keep going. Then, you wake up the next day and think, 'Man, I gotta do something I know will work. I need a winning game plan,' " according to PR Newswire.
Football legend and Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino added that many people realize they didn't keep their New Year's resolution and decide Monday (one of the biggest decision days of the week) to get on it, he told PR Newswire.
Game Day – Fun Food Facts
- Second Largest Food Consumption Day Behind Thanksgiving. (Source: USDA)
- Sunday was expected to be the busiest day in the pizza business. (Source: Pizza Marketplace)
- Football fans consume an estimated 71 million pounds of avocados, mostly in guacamole. (Source: HAB)
Diet Monday Fun Fact
- Every 1.5 seconds, men call or visit Nutrisystem on Super Monday.
- Super Monday is one of the top ten diet-decision days of the year for men.
- The most popular Nutrisystem item ordered by men on Super Monday is pasta with beef and for women, it's the fudge graham bar.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.