WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- An employee at the U.S. Postal Service processing center in White Plains, Destin Lee, 53, of the Bronx, was arrested in the theft of approximately 40,000 plastic pallets from the facility .
- Hundreds of Westchester County parents and educators expressed concern and outrage to New York Education Commissioner John King over the implementation of the Common Core at a public forum held before a packed house at Port Chester Middle School.
- Three masked suspects entered the Wells Fargo Bank on 500 Odell Avenue and fired two shots before fleeing the scene, according to Yonkers Police.
- The Westchester Children’s Association will hold a Town Hall meeting on Wednesday, at the White Plains Public Library to discuss raising the age of criminal responsibility in New York State.
- Police K-9 teams from Westchester, Rockland and Putnam counties, Connecticut and New York City joined their comrades from the Greenburgh Police Department, for the funeral of veteran K-9 Officer Patriot at the Hartsdale Pet Cemetery.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.