WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a roundup of the top stories of the week in Westchester County.
- Wegmans, a popular Rochester-based family owned grocery store chain, announced plans Wednesday of opening its first location in the Hudson Valley , right near the junction of I-287 and I-684. For more on the popular market, click here.
- A female employee at Stop & Shop at 670 North Broadway in North White Plains was stabbed inside the store on Friday at about 5:10 p.m., North Castle Police said.
- Two Westchester residents were in a parked car in upstate New York on Sunday when found to be in possession of drugs, state police said.
- In the wake of reported luring attempts that targeted girls in Mount Kisco and Rye , Westchester County officials said they do not believe the two incidents are related, and also offering advice to worried parents.
- The Armory Foundation is developing the Yonkers Sports and Convention Center, a 5-6,000 seat, 100,000 square foot track and field arena with a 20,000 square foot educational center for Yonkers student, along with a store and a small restaurant at 29 Wells Avenue, above the Kawasaki rail car building near the Yonkers train station.
- After a lengthy discussion and debate, Yonkers officials have broken ground on the Larkin Plaza Redevelopment, one of the biggest projects the city has seen in decades.
- Some ladies in Yonkers treating themselves to a day at the nail salon got quite a scare Friday morning when a driver accidentally drove into the facade of a Central Park Avenue shopping center.
- A former salesman at American Christmas Inc. in Westchester is suing the holiday display business, claiming he was cheated out of overtime pay, according to media reports.
- Consumers who purchased a car from a Honda or Toyota dealership in Westchester County may be due a refund for being unlawfully sold "after-sale" products including credit repair and identity theft protection, as part of a settlement with the state, New York State Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman announced Thursday.
- "Homeland" has returned to Rye Brook -- specifically to King St and Arbor Road-- where On Location Vacations reports the series is filming.
- Take note if you're driving by Blue Line Tactical on Saw Mill River Road in Elmsford Thursday, Dec. 15. One reader let us know that Showtime's "Homeland" has been filming scenes there.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.