WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Here’s a look at the top stories last week from around southern Westchester County.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino of Hawthorne and seven nuns from Ossining were among the lucky faithful to greet Pope Francis during his New York City visit.
- Authorities charged a 35-year-old Mount Vernon woman in a March fatal shooting in the Bronx.
- The Hmart in Hartsdale faces $30,000 in fines for alleged workplace safety violations.
- The off-duty New York City Police Officer from Yonkers who was charged with shooting a pair of New Rochelle residents near Pelham last year, pled guilty to his entire five-charge indictment .
- Former Olympic athlete and transgender reality star Caitlyn Jenner filed a petition in Los Angeles County Superior Court to legally change her name .
- Sophia’s Things , a new fashion boutique on Depot Place at the Scarsdale train station, is hosting a grand opening Thursday.
- PWR [+] Barre opened its doors on the Eastchester-Scarsdale town line.
- A Port Chester man was charged with unlawfully collecting unemployment .
- A Rye Neck resident celebrated her 100th birthday with family and Mamaroneck Mayor Norman Rosenblum in Larchmont.
- Harrison Mayor Ron Belmont issued a community update about the Richard E. Halperin Memorial Library .
- Defending Section 1 football champion Rye beat the Yorktown Huskers , 31-20.
- The Friends of St. Dominic’s 23rd annual golf tournament drew 212 golfers and raised $371,669 to support St. Dominic’s Home .
- Rivertowns was on the map in a new drought condition report issued by the National Weather Service.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.