WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Brooklyn man was accused of hitting a Purchase College student in the face with a glass bottle in a White Plains bar, police said.
Police saw the 22-year-old male victim standing outside Beechmont Tavern on 213 E. Post Road bleeding profusely from his forehead and nose just before 2 a.m., Sunday morning. He told police the suspect, ran out of the bar after hitting him in the face with the bottle.
While police spoke with the victim, officers were chasing a possible suspect and stopped him at Waller Avenue near Maple Avenue. After paramedics treated the victim, police took him to the suspect, John Keenan, 22, who identified him as the man who struck him.
Keenan was arrested and charged with second-degree assault, a felony. He was held for court.
The victim received 11 stitches on his forehead to close the laceration, police said.
- 1 Danger Lurks At Many Westchester Intersections
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Christina Ruth Buckley Silverman, 46, White Plains Resident
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust