WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Brooklyn man was accused of hitting a Purchase College student in the face with a glass bottle in a White Plains bar, police said.
Police saw the 22-year-old male victim standing outside Beechmont Tavern on 213 E. Post Road bleeding profusely from his forehead and nose just before 2 a.m., Sunday morning. He told police the suspect, ran out of the bar after hitting him in the face with the bottle.
While police spoke with the victim, officers were chasing a possible suspect and stopped him at Waller Avenue near Maple Avenue. After paramedics treated the victim, police took him to the suspect, John Keenan, 22, who identified him as the man who struck him.
Keenan was arrested and charged with second-degree assault, a felony. He was held for court.
The victim received 11 stitches on his forehead to close the laceration, police said.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In White Plains; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward White Plains, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 White Plains Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency