WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Brooklyn man was accused of hitting a Purchase College student in the face with a glass bottle in a White Plains bar, police said.
Police saw the 22-year-old male victim standing outside Beechmont Tavern on 213 E. Post Road bleeding profusely from his forehead and nose just before 2 a.m., Sunday morning. He told police the suspect, ran out of the bar after hitting him in the face with the bottle.
While police spoke with the victim, officers were chasing a possible suspect and stopped him at Waller Avenue near Maple Avenue. After paramedics treated the victim, police took him to the suspect, John Keenan, 22, who identified him as the man who struck him.
Keenan was arrested and charged with second-degree assault, a felony. He was held for court.
The victim received 11 stitches on his forehead to close the laceration, police said.
- 1 Three White Plains Businesses Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 2 White Plains Police Investigating Assault That Left Man Unconscious
- 3 Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash In White Plains
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says