WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- North Castle Police sent out an alert Tuesday about a registered Level 3 sex offender residing in the town's North White Plains section.
- Pancheros Mexican Grill closed in the last few days, a little more than a month before the 130-room Cambria Suites opens with 47,000 square feet of retail, including Chipotle Mexican Grill .
- Lenroy Stevens, a 27-year-old Peekskill High School guidance counselor, was killed Tuesday after being struck by a truck on Route 9A in Briarcliff.
- Westchester County Legislator Catherine Parker, D-Rye, decided to pull her support for Sustainable Playland Inc.'s Playland Improvement Plan after a committee meeting with its lawyer Tuesday, May 13.
- Ron Tedesco, longtime faculty member of Archbishop Stepinac High School , was honored for his 50 years of dedication to the school at a retirement ceremony on Thursday, May 8.
- Four White Plains detectives were elevated to the highest grade level for a detective at the 2014 White Plains Department of Public Safety Awards Ceremony Tuesday night.
- President Barack Obama helicoptered into Tarrytown Wednesday with Gov. Andrew Cuomo at his side to push Congress to open the Federal coffers for more infrastructure funding.
- The New York State Republican Party officially nominated Rob Astorino for governor Thursday at the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook.