WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Southern Westchester County.
- A female Tarrytown police officer is on the mend after an altercation with a knife-wielding Yonkers teen at the McDonald's in Tarrytown Monday night, police said.
- A moose was spotted wandering through a Millwood man's yard early last Thursday morning.
- Westchester County Police found a missing elderly woman Tuesday, July 5 using Project Lifesaver technology.
- A woman from Mamaroneck hit a $139,808 jackpot at Yonkers' Empire City Casino Friday, July 1.
- A Scarsdale woman is facing criminal charges after she was found drinking and driving her three children with a blood alcohol content nearly four times the legal limit on the Fourth of July, police said.
- Thomas Prendergast, Metropolitan Transportation Authority Chairman and chief executive officer, will reveal the newly-enacted, $30 billion transit plan to connect Westchester to the Bronx at the Business Council of Westchester's Political Leadership Series Event July 15.
- Sleepy Hollow resident Mike Solano was a contestant on "Jeopardy!" Friday night.
- Bronxville resident Andrew Caspersen pled guilty in federal court Wednesday, to defrauding investors of more than $38 million and misappropriating more than $8 million from his former employer.
- Port Chester High School's Class of 2016 was the Rye-Port Chester Union Free School District's largest graduating class in 39 years, according to school officials.
- New York State Police from the Hawthorne barracks are investigating a four-car personal injury auto collision that took place Wednesday night on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Greenburgh.
- Officials in New York City announced enhanced security techniques while government, political and law enforcement officials throughout the area expressed shock and sadness over the ambush-style, cold-blooded killings of five police officersThursday night in Dallas.
- Julius "Jules" Reich, the man who allegedly committed the first homicide in Scarsdale in nearly four decades, may seek a psychiatric defense after pleading not guilty to stabbing his wife to death in March.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.