WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains Nurse Practitioner Stephen Ferrara, executive director of the Nurse Practitioner Association of New York State, recently spoke at the NPA’s annual conference in Saratoga Springs. N.Y., where nurse practitioners were recognized for the important roles they play in the state’s health care system.
New York State Health Commissioner Donna Frescatore, Gov. Cuomo’s point person to implement New York State’s health exchange to comply with the Affordable Care Act, joined Ferrera at the event.
The 29th Annual Conference was the largest gathering of nurse practitioners ever in New York State, as 600 nurse practitioners from throughout the Northeast converged upon Saratoga Springs to "discover the latest information in regards to primary caregiving with 65 different events and learning labs, along with an update to the NPA’s legislative agenda and its efforts to remove artificial practice barriers for all nurse practitioners," according to a release.
- 1 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites White Plains
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Unexpected Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Country Club To Fear Attack
- 5 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs