WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Thirteen high schools in Westchester earned Top 50 rankings in New York State in the newly released 2017 U.S. News & World Report High School Rankings. Click here to read the story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- An Irvington native and West Haverstraw resident who was seriously injured during a fatal Black Hawk helicopter crash on Monday, April 17, in Maryland, has been upgraded from critical to fair and stable condition, according to U.S. Army officials.
- A second Westchester County educator has reached out to parents with a safety message regarding the popular Netflix show, “13 Reasons Why.”
- A search has resumed Thursday morning for a woman who jumped from the Bear Moutain Bridge around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- State Sen. Terrance Murphy might have the answer to stop drivers from texting and snapping photos while driving, causing hundreds of deaths each year, including that of Evan Lieberman, a New Castle teen who lost his life due to a distracted driving accident in Westchester County.
- Nicholas Tartaglione, the former Briarcliff Manor police officer turned alleged drug conspirator made a brief appearance in court in White Plains on Wednesday, where he stands charged with quadruple homicide.
- Westchester County officials are urging residents to lock up their cars following an epidemic of vehicle thefts and larcenies from unlocked, parked cars.
- A Westchester County man is facing life in prison after pleading guilty to fatally shooting a man in Doyle Park when an attempted armed robbery went awry last year.
- White Plains Mayor Thomas Roach announced Thursday he is running for another term as mayor of White Plains.