WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The murder of a 22-year-old Westchester soldier topped the news for the week, including the arrest of a music promoter for his death.
A search is underway for the suspect or suspects in a fatal shooting of a 22-year-old soldier from Westchester outside a nightclub in Tacoma, Wash., on Sunday. Click here to read the story.
Police have arrested the man who allegedly shot and killed a 22-year-old soldier from Westchester outside a nightclub in Tacoma, Wash., on Sunday. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- Northern Westchester resident Joseph Percoco, a former top aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo , is facing federal corruption charges that state he threatened at least four New York State employees on multiple occasions while working on the governor’s campaign.
- A Northern Westchester woman was indicted on charges she pretended to be an attorney and even represented a client during a court proceeding, according to Westchester County District Attorney Anthony A. Scarpino, Jr.
- Two of the eight victims of Tuesday's terror attack on the Hudson River bicycle path near the West Side Highway in New York City were tristate area residents.
- A registered nurse in Westchester County has been sentenced to time in jail after pleading guilty to stealing nearly $400,000 by making false claims regarding care to severely disabled patients he never provided.
- Hundreds of students may be left stranded when school rolls around Monday morning after drivers for one of Westchester’s largest school bus companies threatened to go on strike.
- He might not be rockin' in front of millions of fans anymore, but that doesn't make a performance by one of the Grateful Dead's founding members, Phil Lesh, any less exciting.
- A man was fatally struck on a Westchester street early on Thursday morning, reportedly by an ambulance.
- For real-time Northern Westchester news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Northern Westchester page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Daily Voice Northern Westchester on Twitter @DVWestchester_N by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.