WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Motorists may experience delays with ongoing bridge work that will close the northbound Bronx River Parkway on Thursday, Aug. 14 and Friday, Aug. 15 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains.
Northbound parkway closures:
- All northbound Bronx River Parkway traffic in Yonkers (six lane section of the parkway) will be detoured onto the Sprain Brook Parkway, then to Central Park Avenue (NY 100) to White Plains.
- Local traffic will have access to the northbound Bronx River Parkway at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road): Paxton Avenue, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leewood Drive.
- Local northbound parkway traffic will be detoured at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway and re-entering the northbound parkway at Crane Road.
- Northbound parkway will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north.
These closures are necessary for paving operations with related work as part of the Crane Road Bridge Replacement Project on the Bronx River Parkway.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs The Westchester In White Plains
- 4 White Plains Hospital Partnership With Montefiore Approved By State Panel
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud