WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Metro-North will now require all of its engineers to undergo sleep apnea testing, according to ABC New York.
The directive comes in response to the National Transportation Safety Board revealing that engineer William Rockefeller, who was in control of the train that derailed and killed four in the Bronx last year, suffered from severe sleep apnea and it may have played a roll in the tragedy, ABC New York Reported.
- 1 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 4 Sustainable Westchester To Develop Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- 5 Westchester Medical Center Takes Control Of Hudson Valley Hospitals