WEST HARRISON, N.Y. – A memorial service for slain New York Red Bulls soccer coach Michael Jones will take place Wednesday at First Baptist Church in White Plains.
The youth soccer team put together the service for the 25-year-old coach and “will be collecting condolences, messages, and gifts to send to the family of Mr. Jones,” according to the BBC.
The West Harrison resident was stabbed multiple times by an unknown assailant Sunday at around 4:30 a.m. on 14th Street between Fifth and Sixth avenues, according to the police report. He was rushed to Bellevue Hospital, where he died from wounds to his chest, head and neck, the police report said.
A native of Liverpool, England, Jones apparently was arguing with a man with a ponytail just before he was attacked, the police report said.
He coached soccer teams throughout Westchester, including Armonk, Somers and Yonkers.
- 1 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 4 White Plains Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits White Plains