WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Jennifer Morbelli bled to death following complications from an abortion, Bruce Goldfarb of the Montgomery County (Md.) Medical Examiner’s Office said.
Morbelli, 29, a substitute teacher at Church Street Elementary School in White Plains, went to an abortion clinic in Germantown, Md., run by Dr. LeRoy Carhart, according to Operation Rescue, a national anti-abortion group that keeps track of Carhart. The group says Morbelli, a New Rochelle resident, was in the 33rd week of pregnancy.
She was pronounced dead early Feb. 7 at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital in Maryland.
Morbelli died after amniotic fluid, the fluid that surrounds a baby in the uterus during pregnancy, spilled into her bloodstream, causing her to bleed to death, Goldfarb said.
“Bear in mind that this can happen with normal deliveries as well,” he said.
Morbelli had named her baby girl Madison Leigh. They are both interred at Greenwood Union Cemetery in Rye.
- 1 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Apple's iPhone 6 Release Packs The Westchester In White Plains
- 3 Luxury Apartment Project Spurs Downtown Development In White Plains
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash