WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- A 43-year-old man was hit by a Metro-North train and killed just south of the Hartsdale train station in an apparent suicide, according to Metro-North Railroad spokeswoman Marjorie Anders.
- The White Plains Bernies youth football team defeated the Cortlandt Cowboys 37-6 to cap an undefeated season and capture the Westchester United Football League championship.
- A White Plains man, Kyle Gavin, 24, was arrested on stalking and other charges following a confrontation with an ex-girlfriend, according to Westchester County Police.
- White Plains police arrested a Queens man, De Guo Li, 30, who was accused of assaulting another man at The Westchester Mall, according to LoHud.com.
- The Archbishop Stepinac High School Drama Club is preparing to take the stage once again in its next big theatrical performance, "An Enemy of the People," opening on Nov. 22.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.