WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Scarsdale police have beefed up patrols in certain areas of the village after a man was spotted by a woman while he was allegedly touching himself inappropriately on a footpath. Click here to read the story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- The 75-year-old Mahopac woman was killed last week by her daughter's father-in-law, 69-year-old Filippo Buffone of West Harrison over a financial disagreement, Carmel Police announced during a press conference Wednesday.
- Following a three-month investigation, state police have arrested a man in connection with the fatal hit-and-run accident on I-95 that took the life of Yonkers tow-truck operator Salvator Brescia in December.
- A White Plains woman is facing up to 25 years in prison after pleading guilty for her role in the deaths of two senior citizens in a head-on collision while driving with drugs in her system and a blood alcohol content nearly quadruple the legal limit.
- Members of the Rye Police Department had their hands full over the weekend, breaking up an underage drinking party that saw dozens of teenagers illegally imbibing, police said.
- A visit to Mexico -- and a lament over finding the right bathing suit -- led Lara Serebrier Paul and Judith Heimowitz to create their own business.
- The Westchester County Jail may soon house immigrants detained by Immigrations and Customs Enforcement after a feeler was sent out to local officials.