WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- The New York Knicks' new D-League team will begin play at the Westchester County Center in White Plains next season.
- Fire crews responded to a report of smoke at a shoe repair store in the White Plains Mall.
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- A Metro-North worker from Yonkers was killed Monday after being struck by a train on the Harlem line.
- Former NBA player Erick Barkley reportedly punched another parent after his son's third-grade AAU basketball game late last month in Ardsley, according to Bleacher Report.
- A Horace Greeley High School graduate, Dr. J.K. Rasamny, a head and neck surgeon at White Plains Hospital, became the first surgeon in Westchester to treat throat cancer by using a minimally invasive procedure that can shorten hospitalization time and lead to faster rehabilitation.
- New York State Police seized approximately $42,000 in cocaine from a vehicle in Elmsford
- 1 Three White Plains Businesses Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 2 White Plains Police Investigating Assault That Left Man Unconscious
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash In White Plains
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says