WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced the installation of Doppler-radar enhanced LED signs to alert wrong way drivers before they enter various spots on the New York State Thruway.
- Westchester County Police charged a teacher with rape in connection with two sexual encounters she had with a 16-year-old boy at a county park in Mount Vernon.
- The train that derailed Sunday morning in the Bronx was traveling at 82 miles per hour when it went over a curve, National Transportation Safety Board member Earl Weener said at a press conference Monday afternoon at the Hampton Inn in Yonkers.
- The City of White Plains is prepared for what may be an influx of Metro-North Hudson Line riders in coming days, according to senior mayoral advisor Karen Pasquale.
- Five prominent Stepinac High School alumni have been inducted into the White Plains school’s Hall of Fame, and one long-time supporter and board member received the Cardinal Timothy Dolan Service Award.