SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A car traveling north on the Hutchinson River Parkway lost control and careered off the road near Mamaroneck Road in Scarsdale on Tuesday afternoon.
According to Kieran O’Leary, the spokesperson for the Westchester County Police, at about 12:15 p.m. a Subaru Forester rolled over and came to a rest in the water that runs along the parkway in an upright position, facing south. The roof was crushed when the vehicle rolled and the driver had to be extricated by Westchester County Police and Scarsdale firefighters.
The male driver was unconscious when he was removed from his vehicle at 12:49. He was taken by ambulance to the Westchester County Medical Center in Valhalla. The accident caused traffic to come to a near halt and was backed up for miles.
- 1 Cuomo Lessens Ebola Quarantine Protocols Due To Outside Pressure
- 2 White Plains' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd