SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A car traveling north on the Hutchinson River Parkway lost control and careered off the road near Mamaroneck Road in Scarsdale on Tuesday afternoon.
According to Kieran O’Leary, the spokesperson for the Westchester County Police, at about 12:15 p.m. a Subaru Forester rolled over and came to a rest in the water that runs along the parkway in an upright position, facing south. The roof was crushed when the vehicle rolled and the driver had to be extricated by Westchester County Police and Scarsdale firefighters.
The male driver was unconscious when he was removed from his vehicle at 12:49. He was taken by ambulance to the Westchester County Medical Center in Valhalla. The accident caused traffic to come to a near halt and was backed up for miles.
- 1 White Plains Woman Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 2 White Plains Fires Longtime Public Works Commissioner
- 3 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says