SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A car traveling north on the Hutchinson River Parkway lost control and careered off the road near Mamaroneck Road in Scarsdale on Tuesday afternoon.
According to Kieran O’Leary, the spokesperson for the Westchester County Police, at about 12:15 p.m. a Subaru Forester rolled over and came to a rest in the water that runs along the parkway in an upright position, facing south. The roof was crushed when the vehicle rolled and the driver had to be extricated by Westchester County Police and Scarsdale firefighters.
The male driver was unconscious when he was removed from his vehicle at 12:49. He was taken by ambulance to the Westchester County Medical Center in Valhalla. The accident caused traffic to come to a near halt and was backed up for miles.
- 1 Snow Likely In White Plains On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 White Plains Schools Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 3 White Plains HS Students Protest Non-Indictment In Ferguson
- 4 White Plains Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 White Plains Parking Officer Appears In Court On 'Sex For No Ticket' Charge