SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A car traveling north on the Hutchinson River Parkway lost control and careered off the road near Mamaroneck Road in Scarsdale on Tuesday afternoon.
According to Kieran O’Leary, the spokesperson for the Westchester County Police, at about 12:15 p.m. a Subaru Forester rolled over and came to a rest in the water that runs along the parkway in an upright position, facing south. The roof was crushed when the vehicle rolled and the driver had to be extricated by Westchester County Police and Scarsdale firefighters.
The male driver was unconscious when he was removed from his vehicle at 12:49. He was taken by ambulance to the Westchester County Medical Center in Valhalla. The accident caused traffic to come to a near halt and was backed up for miles.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 State Police Warn White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 White Plains Safety Commissioner Shocked By Ex-Officer's Role In Murders
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York