WESTCHESTER, COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week’s top stories from around Southern Westchester County.
- WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- County Executive Rob Astorino on Thursday said that Westchester had won another victory in its federal housing settlement .
- The victim of the fatal car crash on the southbound Saw Mill River Parkway last Sunday has been identified as 24-year-old Yonkers resident Wellington Rocafuerte , Westchester County Police said.
- Eastchester High School senior Raffaela Cicchetti recently won the grand prize of $12,000 in the William Haralson Vocal Competition.
- Country legend Loretta Lynn performed at the Tarrytown Hall last Sunday.
- The man who was accused of murdering a golfer at the Pelham Country Club nearly 20 years ago was brought into custody in Weschester and faces life in prison after being tracked down earlier this year.
- Minor injuries have been reported in Scarsdale after a 58-year-old woman crashed into the side of the Golden Horseshoe Shopping Center Friday morning.
- Four students at Hastings High School were inducted into the National Honor Society on Wednesday during the fall ceremony.
- Volunteer firefighters extinguished a car fire on Monday afternoon in Mamaroneck.
- Edgemont resident Dr. Ira Nash received Press Ganey’s inaugural Physician of the Year Award Wednesday at Press Ganey’s annual client conference in Orlando.
- Police have identified the 26-year-old man who died Tuesday after falling from an apartment building in Port Chester .
- Concordia College President Viji George has announced his intention to resign at the end of the academic year , ending his near four-decade tenure with the institution.
- The body of an elderly woman was found in the lake at Rye Playland last Saturday.
- Isaac Nelson McKnight, of New Rochelle, was taken into custody by police on suspicion of molesting a 4-year old at the Tuckahoe child-care center where he worked.
- Mount Vernon students launch citywide initiative to help feed the hungry using social media.
- Eight Harrison High School seniors were recognized by the National Merit Scholar Program as 2016 Commended Students.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.