WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- Amanda Iles, a former teacher at Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains, pleaded guilty Tuesday to raping a 14 year-old-boy, a former student.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for governor .
- The suspect believed to have caused a fatal accident on I-95 in Rye could be facing additional charges on top of driving while intoxicated .
- The City of White Plains Department of Public Works has worked to repair more than 7,000 potholes this winter.
- The White Plains School District is set to host a public hearing on the proposed 2014-15 school budget on Monday, March 10.
- Assemblywoman Amy Paulin (D-88) recently announced $125,000 in state funding is going to upgrade Kittrell Park in White Plains.
- Students from Mahopac High School who allegedly made racist comments on Twitter following the school's loss to Mount Vernon in the Section 1 boys basketball semifinals have drawn the ire of school officials from both districts.