WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- The White Plains High School varsity girls soccer coach resigned after an investigation revealed he left an injured player on the bus while trying to get into the school after a game on Sept. 10, according to LoHud.com.
- A Tarrytown woman was found dead after police responded to a report of a gas leak near the intersection of South Broadway and Church Street.
- The common council met on Monday, Oct. 7 and authorized several items that will affect White Plains residents .
- Judge Judy Sheindlin will kick off her seventh year of helping female students from White Plains, Mount Vernon, Yonkers and Mamaroneck schools, through the "Her Honor Mentoring" program.
- An altercation just before halftime Wednesday of the varsity boys soccer game between White Plains and host New Rochelle resulted in a broken jaw for Tigers’ junior Ozzie Escobedo, according to The Journal News.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.