WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- A recently opened veterinary hospital at 110 S. Kensico Ave. in White Plains is offering free initial exams for new pet patients.
Led by Richard Demmerle Jr., D.V.M., Best Friends Veterinary Hospital offers medical care for dogs, cats, reptiles, small mammals and small birds. Services include routine pet health-care exams, vaccinations, emergency care, general surgery and dentistry.
The practice offers on-site diagnostic testing, radiology and laboratory services. In addition, the hospital provides pet boarding, grooming, doggy day camp and training.
“Our goal is to provide outstanding veterinary service to pets and their owners in a caring and compassionate manner,” said Demmerle in a statement. “Our services are designed to help every pet live the healthiest, happiest life possible.”
Demmerle, who has been a practicing veterinarian for more than 20 years, began working with animals when he was 17. He graduated from College of Staten Island with a bachelor's degree in biology and from Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in 1992.
The hospital is open Mondays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. It is closed Wednesdays and Sundays.
For more information or to make an appointment, call 914-798-8000 or visit the website.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola