WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Southern Westchester County.
- Scrutiny of grade crossings remains a focus a year after six people were killed when a train struck at car at a Valhalla intersection.
- Scarsdale native and former South Salem resident Robert Durst pleaded guilty to gun charges in Louisiana on Wednesday.
- Sidney Brown of Mount Vernon has been sentenced to nearly two decades in prison for his attempt to stab his ex-girlfriend in the Irvington Metro-North train station last year.
- The Mamaroneck Village Police Department has not given up on finding the killer of Stephen Spina, a letter carrier from Larchmont, who was found stabbed to death in his Mamaroneck apartment on Sept. 17, 2007.
- A Yonkers woman, who had been sought in the theft of pillows from Sears in Jefferson Valley, has been arrested and charged with petit larceny, Yorktown police said.
- Harrison High School students were named "Best in Nation" winners this week in the fourth annual Verizon Innovative App Challenge.
- Four men have been arrested and charged after taking police on a wild chase following an armed robbery that ended just blocks from New Rochelle High School.
- Port Chester resident Steven Cordero was arrested on Thursday and charged with reckless endangerment after intentionally leaving his stove's gas on and fleeing the apartment building.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.