WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The fire trucks lining Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Wednesday afternoon were responding to a report of smoke at a shoe repair store in the White Plains Mall.
An electric motor emitted smoke at Chillemi Shoe Repair, which has been at the mall for 34 of the 62 years it has been in business. Workers at a neighboring business said smoke filled the front hallways of the mall.
White Plains Fire Chief said there was no fire, and that the mall was never closed. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard was never closed either, he said.
Six fire engines responded to the scene and firefighters helped blow the smoke out of the building with fans in the store and hallways.
- 1 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate
- 5 Slow-Moving Storm Will Bring Heavy Rain To White Plains