WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The fire trucks lining Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Wednesday afternoon were responding to a report of smoke at a shoe repair store in the White Plains Mall.
An electric motor emitted smoke at Chillemi Shoe Repair, which has been at the mall for 34 of the 62 years it has been in business. Workers at a neighboring business said smoke filled the front hallways of the mall.
White Plains Fire Chief said there was no fire, and that the mall was never closed. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard was never closed either, he said.
Six fire engines responded to the scene and firefighters helped blow the smoke out of the building with fans in the store and hallways.
- 1 White Plains Firefighter Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Manslaughter
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Trump's Westchester Estate