WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The fire trucks lining Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Wednesday afternoon were responding to a report of smoke at a shoe repair store in the White Plains Mall.
An electric motor emitted smoke at Chillemi Shoe Repair, which has been at the mall for 34 of the 62 years it has been in business. Workers at a neighboring business said smoke filled the front hallways of the mall.
White Plains Fire Chief said there was no fire, and that the mall was never closed. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard was never closed either, he said.
Six fire engines responded to the scene and firefighters helped blow the smoke out of the building with fans in the store and hallways.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 White Plains Man Stopped With 480 Packets Of Heroin
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed