WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains last week:
- A White Plains contractor, JMO Construction, was fined $3,600 by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration for safety lapses discovered at a former gas station in Peekskill, according to LoHud.com.
- The dangerous dog that escaped from the SPCA of Westchester in Briarcliff was located by a police patrol unit Wednesday and was returned to the SPCA, Westchester Police said.
- A suspect in one of two different shooting incidents that occurred in Greenburgh is still at large, according to the Greenburgh Police Department.
- A 50-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene of a head-on crash in Yonkers that occurred around 10 p.m. Sunday, according to multiple reports.
- Traffic on Maple Avenue is limited to one lane in both directions for at least a few more weeks as the city upgrades its drainage system to improve storm-water retention.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.