WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Disaster Recovery Center at the Westchester County Center will close Friday.
The center opened Nov. 8 and more than 750 Westchester residents have gone to register with FEMA in person. In total, 5,325 Westchester residents have registered with FEMA – more than Orange (1,047), Putnam (322), Rockland (3,084), Sullivan (470) and Ulster (234) counties.
After the disaster recovery center closes, residents still have until Jan. 28 to register online, via smartphone or tablet. or for the hearing impaired dial 800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585. For 711-Relay or video relay services call 800-621-3362.
FEMA is also looking to hire local employees to help with the recovery of those communitieis affected by Hurricane Sandy. To apply visit the New York State job bank website. Insert the work FEMA in the keyword search for job postings.
- 1 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans