WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Disaster Recovery Center at the Westchester County Center will close Friday.
The center opened Nov. 8 and more than 750 Westchester residents have gone to register with FEMA in person. In total, 5,325 Westchester residents have registered with FEMA – more than Orange (1,047), Putnam (322), Rockland (3,084), Sullivan (470) and Ulster (234) counties.
After the disaster recovery center closes, residents still have until Jan. 28 to register online, via smartphone or tablet. or for the hearing impaired dial 800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585. For 711-Relay or video relay services call 800-621-3362.
FEMA is also looking to hire local employees to help with the recovery of those communitieis affected by Hurricane Sandy. To apply visit the New York State job bank website. Insert the work FEMA in the keyword search for job postings.
- 1 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Ranks 16th On Billionaires List
- 3 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 4 White Plains Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits White Plains