PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – Northbound Interstate 95 near the New York-Connecticut border was closed for nearly six hours early Friday morning as state police investigated a fatal accident.
The accident, which occurred around 2:45 a.m., was between a small passenger car and a Department of Transportation pickup truck, according to multiple reports. A car flipped over after it rear-ended the truck, according to News 12, which said the car involved in the accident was a Honda Accord.
The accident caused delays for commuters early Friday morning heading into Cnnecticut from New York. Northbound Interstate 95 was closed, and there were also delays on Interstate 287. The road was cleared around 8:30 a.m.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 White Plains' AMF Bowling Center Renovated, Re-opening As Bowlmor Lanes
- 4 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 5 White Plains Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday