MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Detective Christopher A. Ridley of the Mount Vernon Police Department will be honored on the fifth anniversary of his death Friday.
Ridley was killed in January 2008 in White Plains while trying to stop a mugging while he was off-duty. Family, friends and colleagues will gather at 4:30 p.m. at 85 Court St. in White Plains - the location where he was killed - to share memories of the fallen police officer.
A benefit will be held by the Christopher A. Ridley Foundation in New Rochelle at the Davenport Club following the gathering in White Plains.
For more information call (914) 572-7121.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola