MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Detective Christopher A. Ridley of the Mount Vernon Police Department will be honored on the fifth anniversary of his death Friday.
Ridley was killed in January 2008 in White Plains while trying to stop a mugging while he was off-duty. Family, friends and colleagues will gather at 4:30 p.m. at 85 Court St. in White Plains - the location where he was killed - to share memories of the fallen police officer.
A benefit will be held by the Christopher A. Ridley Foundation in New Rochelle at the Davenport Club following the gathering in White Plains.
For more information call (914) 572-7121.
- 1 Robber Walks Off With $90,000 From White Plains Gas Station, Police Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 White Plains Man Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter In Vodka Bottle Case
- 4 Suspect Apprehended In $90K White Plains Auto Shop Robbery
- 5 Rye Police Identify High School Student Charged In Latest Bomb Threat