MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Detective Christopher A. Ridley of the Mount Vernon Police Department will be honored on the fifth anniversary of his death Friday.
Ridley was killed in January 2008 in White Plains while trying to stop a mugging while he was off-duty. Family, friends and colleagues will gather at 4:30 p.m. at 85 Court St. in White Plains - the location where he was killed - to share memories of the fallen police officer.
A benefit will be held by the Christopher A. Ridley Foundation in New Rochelle at the Davenport Club following the gathering in White Plains.
For more information call (914) 572-7121.
- 1 Snow Likely In White Plains On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 White Plains Schools Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 3 White Plains HS Students Protest Non-Indictment In Ferguson
- 4 White Plains Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 White Plains Parking Officer Appears In Court On 'Sex For No Ticket' Charge