MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Detective Christopher A. Ridley of the Mount Vernon Police Department will be honored on the fifth anniversary of his death Friday.
Ridley was killed in January 2008 in White Plains while trying to stop a mugging while he was off-duty. Family, friends and colleagues will gather at 4:30 p.m. at 85 Court St. in White Plains - the location where he was killed - to share memories of the fallen police officer.
A benefit will be held by the Christopher A. Ridley Foundation in New Rochelle at the Davenport Club following the gathering in White Plains.
For more information call (914) 572-7121.
- 1 White Plains' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester