MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Detective Christopher A. Ridley of the Mount Vernon Police Department will be honored on the fifth anniversary of his death Friday.
Ridley was killed in January 2008 in White Plains while trying to stop a mugging while he was off-duty. Family, friends and colleagues will gather at 4:30 p.m. at 85 Court St. in White Plains - the location where he was killed - to share memories of the fallen police officer.
A benefit will be held by the Christopher A. Ridley Foundation in New Rochelle at the Davenport Club following the gathering in White Plains.
For more information call (914) 572-7121.
- 1 9-Year-Old Plans To Rock White Plains With His Debut Album
- 2 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 3 State Police Warn White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Stepinac Grad Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler Breaks Windshield
- 5 Bishop Cites Slain Harrison Sisters' Goodness In Funeral Mass