WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A former elementary school principal in Westchester has been sentenced to probation time following her resignation in New Rochelle last year amid financial misappropriations. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- Westchester native Rony Marie Madry of Poughkeepsie died on Oct. 6. She was 30.
- The identity has been released of a 25-year-old man who was killed in a single-car crash early Saturday morning on Route 117 about one-eighth of a mile east of the entrance to Rockefeller State Park in Westchester, Mount Pleasant Police said.
- Croton Creek Steakhouse & Wine Bar, in business 11 years, is closing.
- A Westchester County businessman is facing multiple felony charges after allegedly scheming to line his own pockets with thousands of dollars in business taxes from clients that employed his service.
- Four of the Hudson Valley’s largest cities have been designated as “Hub” drug treatment courts by Westchester County District Attorney Anthony Scarpino, Jr.
- The bear went over the mountain -- and then headed down to the river in Northern Westchester -- but not before making quite a mess of things during both the day and night on Saturday.
- Local elected officials in New Rochelle have broken ground on a $100 million development that will sit in the heart of the city’s waterfront.
- The Hospital for Special Surgery is set to open the doors on its new White Plains location.
- Westchester's own Austin Rogers' prolific -- and historic -- run on "Jeopardy!" is over.
- For real-time Northern Westchester news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Northern Westchester page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Daily Voice Northern Westchester on Twitter @DVWestchester_N by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.