WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains last week:
- The off-duty White Plains firefighter involved in a fatal wrong-way head-on collision on Monday has been charged with criminally negligent homicide and DWI, according to ABC 7 News.
- Drivers in Westchester County and throughout New York State face tougher fines and penalties if caught texting and driving.
- Nadine Hunt-Robinson , who was appointed to the White Plains Common Council in February, was elected to finish out an unexpired term, according to unofficial election results from the county Board of Elections.
- The judge dismissed the only remaining Gedney Neighborhood Association claim in its lawsuit against the city of White Plains.
- The White Plains Department of Public Safety received an honorable mention at the 2014 Victim Services Award ceremony hosted by the International Association of Chiefs of Police and LogIn Inc.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.