WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week for Westchester County.
- A Westchester County neurologist was among six charged in a multi-million dollar health care fraud scheme that spanned more than a decade.
- A new restaurant called Ocean Grill operated by Homestyle Catering will replace Seaside Johnnies this summer at Rye Town Park, officials announced Thursday.
- What was billed as an hour-long "Ask Astorino" Town Hall meeting Monday night turned into a two-hour display of public concern over immigration, climate change, hate crimes and deportation.
- As the finger pointing continues in Hollywood over the Oscar debacle, a Westchester native is taking his own heat for continuing to give his acceptance speech even after he knew his film, "La La Land," had been mistakenly named as the winner.
- A former Westchester County Community College men’s basketball coach has pleaded guilty to charges that he forged players’ transcripts to facilitate their transfers to four-year universities.
- A New Rochelle woman is facing life in prison after being indicted on murder charges alleging she killed her boyfriend.
- Forget going to the Oscars; Gia’s Glam Gala was the glitziest and most prestigious event to be this past weekend … at least in Mount Pleasant.
- A Westchester man has been extradited from Scotland and returned to Westchester County, where he will face murder charges after fleeing the country last year following a fatal shooting.
- A Westchester County man is facing up to 15 years in prison after pleading guilty following a fatal drinking and driving accident when he had a blood alcohol content approaching four times the legal limit.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.