WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Sam’s of Gedney Way in White Plains is hosting a fund-raiser on Wednesday, Jan. 15, to raise money for the Westchester Children’s Association (WCA).
Members of the WCA staff and board of directors will greet and seat patrons to raise awareness about the organization and its goals to help children throughout the county.
Executive Director Cora Greenberg and Director of Development Betsy Steward will take the lunch shift from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., and board members Maris Krasnow and Margie Orell will serve as dinner maître d's from 3 to 11 p.m.
In return, Sam’s of Gedney Way will donate 10 percent of the day’s receipts to the Westchester Children’s Association.
“We raised $1,500 and many new friends last year,” said Steward. “We’d like to make at least that much again this year. Peter Herrero, Sam’s owner, has been so generous to WCA, and this is a fun way for us to meet new people.”
The restaurant is at 50 Gedney Way in White Plains. To make reservations for lunch or dinner call 914-949-0978.
The organization will also hold a press event in the front of the restaurant at 5:30 p.m. to unveil its new look and announce a special gift it has received to kick off its centennial year.
For more information about the WCA visit its website or call 914-946-7676.
- 1 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Ranks 16th On Billionaires List
- 2 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 3 White Plains Cop Hid Computer Hard Drive After Killings, Report Says
- 4 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts
- 5 White Plains Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm