WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Southern Westchester County.
- Port Chester resident Kristi Pisano, 24, died after she got caught in a rip current on Long Beach Island at the Jersey Shore, where she was attending a wedding last Saturday.
- Mount Pleasant police have released the identities of two people killed Wednesday in a multi-vehicle accident involving a motorcycle on Route 9A in Hawthorne.
- Members of the Yonkers Police Department Detective Division returned a stolen crucifix to Monastery Church of the Sacred Heart Wednesday.
- Dave Marr, the head coach of the Yorktown High School varsity boys' lacrosse team, has been suspended by the school for the 2017 season after being ejected from the Huskers' 9-6 state-title game loss June 11 to Jamesville-DeWitt.
- A suspended Westchester police chaplain was among those charged Monday in a federal corruption probe.
- Pizza Barn in Yonkers is drawing big crowds with its new 2-foot-long “super slice” for 10 bucks.
- The arrival of the summer solstice in Mamaroneck came with a rare strawberry moon Monday, June 20.
- An off-duty police office from the Village of Mamaroneck Police Department interrupted a burglary at a business Monday night, arresting a 46-year-old male suspect.
- White Plains' city skyline touches the clouds.
- Canadian twins Jonathan and Drew Scott, hosts of the popular HGTV show "The Property Brothers," will be signing copies of their first book in a stop in Westchester, Monday, June 27.
- State police seized 59 firearms from the home of a former Westchester pizzeria owner accused of manufacturing and selling illegal assault rifles and handguns.
- Mount Kisco Bagel received the DVLicious award for Best Bagels in Westchester County Monday.
- The former president of the United Nations General Assembly, John Ashe, died in a weightlifting accident at his Dobbs Ferry home, officials said Thursday.
- Mount Vernon High School principal Ron Gonzalez recently was named by The Empire State Supervisors and Administrators Association as its “Region 2 Outstanding Administrator of the Year.”
- A Yonkers man is facing life in prison after being found guilty of murder for his role in a city shooting last summer.
- Scarsdale mom Rachel Gottlieb published her first book in an effort to teach kids about money.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.