WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Burke Rehabilitation Center has named four 2014 Burke Award honorees.
Here are this year’s honorees:
J.J. Buchanan – Wellness coach and patient advocate
Stephen Buchanan – Retired financial executive and former professional athlete
Laurane Magliari – Entrepreneur, financial executive and retired corporate executive
Marc Tessier-Lavigne – President, The Rockefeller University.
The Burke Award is the highest honor given by the board of directors of the Burke Rehabilitation Hospital and the Burke Medical Research Institute.
Award recipients were honored for the significant contributions in the field of rehabilitation.
“It is an honor to bestow the Burke Award on this year’s honorees,” said Dr. Mary Beth Walsh, chief executive officer of Burke Rehabilitation Hospital. “They are each, in his or her own way, contributing to the advancement of rehabilitation and rehabilitation science and embody the qualities of dedication, positivity, and perseverance that are so important in this field.”
- 1 White Plains Woman Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 2 White Plains Fires Longtime Public Works Commissioner
- 3 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says