WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Macy's "Heart Your Park" has named White Plains' Bryant-Mamaroneck Park as a fund-raising recipient.
The "Heart Your Park" program was introduced as part of Macy’s “Secret Garden” campaign that aims to raise awareness and dollars for local parks across the country, representatives said. Customers at the Macy’s -Galleria Store in White Plains can donate $1 or more at the register through March 31, with 100 percent of the donations benefiting Bryant-Mamaroneck Park.
"To further spread the love, Macy’s will match the total customer donation across all stores, dollar for dollar, up to $250,000 in total," representatives said.
Bryant-Mamaroneck Park is one of more than 550 parks nationwide that will benefit from Macy’s “Heart Your Park” this spring.
“We are thrilled to partner with Macy’s and NRPA [National Recreation and Park Association] for ‘Heart Your Park’ this spring,” said Wayne Bass, commissioner of the White Plains Recreation and Parks Department. “Through this wonderful program and donations by Macy’s customers, we are excited about the increased awareness and additional funding for Bryant-Mamaroneck Park. This park is a great asset to the community, and we greatly appreciate Macy’s support.”
Bryant-Mamaroneck Park, which opened in October 2013, is White Plains' newest park.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 White Plains Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday