WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Night closures on the Bronx River and Sprain Brook Parkways in Yonkers and White Plains will begin at 8 p.m. Sept. 26.
The nighttime closures will occur in the northbound and southbound directions from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains starting Thursday night and continuing Sept. 27, 28 and 30.
On Thursday night, the following parkway ramp and local street closures will be in effect from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
- Southbound Fenimore Road entrance ramp to the southbound Bronx River Parkway will be closed.
- Southbound exit ramp to Crane Road (Exit 12) will be closed.
- Westbound Crane Road, from Chase Road to East Parkway will be closed.
- Southbound East Parkway from Crane Road to Christie Place will be closed.
- During these hours, there also will be intermittent full stoppages of traffic on the southbound Bronx River Parkway and the northbound parkway entrance ramp at Crane Road for approximately 5-10 minutes while heavy equipment is moved.
- There may be a full closure of both direction of the Bronx River Parkway between 3-5 a.m. southbound at Greenacres Avenue (Exit 16) and northbound at Harney Road (Exit 10).
On Friday and Saturday nights, the following northbound and southbound parkway closures will be in effect from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.:
- There will be no access from the six-lane portion of the northbound Bronx River Parkway to the four-lane portion of the northbound Bronx River Parkway at the Sprain Brook Parkway. All traffic will be diverted onto the Sprain Brook Parkway and then Central Park Avenue (NY 100) to White Plains.
- Northbound parkway will be accessible to local traffic at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road) at all times from entrances at Paxton Ave, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leewood Drive, which will be open.
- All northbound parkway traffic will be diverted at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway, re-entering the northbound parkway at Crane Road.
- The northbound parkway will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north.
Additional information on road closures can be found by logging on to westchestergov.com/craneroadbridge