WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Bridge work has been extended on the northbound Bronx River Parkway and midday closures from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains will include Wednesday, June 4, through Friday, June 6, from 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Closures were previously announced for only Monday, June 2, and Tuesday, June 3.
Northbound parkway closures will include:
- All northbound Bronx River Parkway traffic in Yonkers (six-lane section of the parkway) will be detoured onto the Sprain Brook Parkway, then to Central Park Avenue (N.Y. 100) to White Plains.
- Local traffic will have access to the northbound Bronx River Parkway at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road): Paxton Avenue, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leewood Drive.
- Local northbound parkway traffic will be detoured at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway and re-entering the northbound parkway at Crane Road.
The northbound parkway will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north.
The closures are necessary to install drainage structures, electrical conduits and drainage pipes for the new bridge as part of the Crane Road Bridge Replacement Project on the Bronx River Parkway.
Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes.
For additional information, contact the Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation at 995-2555.
- 1 Christina Ruth Buckley Silverman, 46, White Plains Resident
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Danger Lurks At Many Westchester Intersections
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed