WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino announced service changes to 13 routes on the county’s Bee-Line bus system that went into effect on Monday to meet new ridership demands in Yonkers, Scarsdale and White Plains.
“More than 100,000 riders depend on the Bee-Line every day to get them to work or to the train station on time,” Astorino said in a statement. “These improvements are part of our ongoing efforts to provide reliable service that meets the demands of our ridership.”
Service changes went into effect on the following Bee-Line bus routes:
- Route 1W – There will be weekday schedule adjustments, and the 6 a.m. northbound trip will extend to the intersection of Main Street and EJ Conroy Drive in White Plains.
- Route 2 – Service will be provided to the Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center in Yonkers on morning and evening trips on weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Route 4 – There will be weekday schedule adjustments and an added southbound trip departing from Getty Square at 5:20 a.m.
- Routes 5, 7, 12, 21, 28, and 60 – There will be weekday schedule adjustments.
- Routes 8, 20, and 78 – There will be weekday, Saturday and Sunday schedule adjustments.
- Route 65 – There will be a weekday morning and evening trip added to meet later trains at the Scarsdale train station.
- For new bus schedules, visit www.westchestergov.com/beelinebus .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.