WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Bestselling international author Allison Fine will visit a Nonprofit Westchester (NPW) event to discuss how social media is changing the nonprofit sector on Friday, Jan. 31 at 8:15 a.m. at ArtsWestchester in White Plains.
The event will have more than 50 nonprofit leaders representing organizations who wish to find out what their organization needs to do to become more comfortable using social media for their causes.
NPW will also announce its policy platform and agenda for the year, including the launch of an economic impact study.
Fine is the co-author of the bestselling book "The Networked Nonprofit," author of the award-winning book "Momentum: Igniting Social Change in the Connected Age," author of "Social Citizens Beta," and a co-editor of "Rebooting America."
Allison writes about the intersection of social media and social change through her blog called "A Fine Blog." She also hosts a monthly podcast for The Chronicle of Philanthropy called “Social Good.”
The event will be held at ArtsWestchester and is located at 31 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains.
- 1 White Plains Parking Officer Offered To Drop Ticket For Sex, Say Police
- 2 Snow Likely In White Plains On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 White Plains Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 White Plains Schools Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 5 White Plains HS Students Protest Non-Indictment In Ferguson