WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino proposed several initiatives in his 2014 State of the County address Thursday night in White Plains, including a $5 million county-run fund to replace federal money for homeless prevention and affordable housing construction currently being withheld from Westchester.
- New Metro-North schedules that will take effect on Sunday, May 11 will cut commute times into Grand Central Terminal on the Hudson, New Haven and Harlem lines.
- Pop legend Paul Simon, 72, and his wife, musician Edie Brickell, 47 , were each charged with disorderly conduct after a dispute between the couple at their New Canaan home.
- NYPD Officer Brendan Cronin, a Yonkers resident, was arrested by Pelham police after allegedly shooting a 47-year-old New Rochelle resident six times on Tuesday night while off duty.
- Grace OShin, a White Plains resident , was one of 17 freshmen inducted into Lyndon State College's Alpha Lambda Delta on Sunday, April 27.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.