WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino proposed several initiatives in his 2014 State of the County address Thursday night in White Plains, including a $5 million county-run fund to replace federal money for homeless prevention and affordable housing construction currently being withheld from Westchester.
- New Metro-North schedules that will take effect on Sunday, May 11 will cut commute times into Grand Central Terminal on the Hudson, New Haven and Harlem lines.
- Pop legend Paul Simon, 72, and his wife, musician Edie Brickell, 47, were each charged with disorderly conduct after a dispute between the couple at their New Canaan home.
- NYPD Officer Brendan Cronin, a Yonkers resident, was arrested by Pelham police after allegedly shooting a 47-year-old New Rochelle resident six times on Tuesday night while off duty.
- Grace OShin, a White Plains resident, was one of 17 freshmen inducted into Lyndon State College's Alpha Lambda Delta on Sunday, April 27.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over White Plains Skies Sunday
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 3 New Boutique Residential Rental Projects In White Plains Top Week's News
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 5 White Plains Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday