WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains this week:
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino has launched an offensive on Gov. Andrew Cuomo via video blogs on his campaign site, criticizing the governor for lacking transparency and driving New York state into debt.
- White Plains native and Harvey School graduate Steve Masiello was placed on administrative leave from his position as Manhattan College's men's basketball coach after it was discovered he never obtained the undergraduate degree he claimed to have from the University of Kentucky, according to the New York Daily News.
- For the second year in a row, Westchester ranked first for healthy behaviors, out of 62 counties statewide, according to the County Health Rankings.
- The Westchester County Board of Legislators recently approved an extension to the lease assignment agreement for Signature Flight Support Corporation, a fixed-based operator, which leases facilities from the County Airport.
- Michael O’Donnell, director of athletics at Archbishop Stepinac High School, was honored for his more than 30 years of commitment to local athletics by the Salvation Army at the 26th annual Community Service Awards Breakfast.