WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Westchester County Holiday Toy & Gift Drive is now collecting unwrapped gifts for children in need, according to County Executive Robert Astorino.
"For many of these kids, your donation may be the only gift they get to open," Astorino said. "Together, we can help brighten a child's holiday and, as always, I am so thankful to all who are able to give."
Organizers of the drive, which runs through Dec. 13, are accepting monetary donations in addition to the unwrapped gifts, Astorino said, adding that such donations should be made in the form of gift cards, cash or checks made out to the Westchester Child Welfare Holiday Fund.
Toys and gifts are requested for a variety of age ranges, from newborn babies to teenagers living in foster care or in one of the county's residential centers, according to Astorino, who said the drive is being run by the Westchester County Department of Social Services.
Collection bins are located on the first floor of the Westchester County Office Building at 148 Martine Ave., White Plains, and at:
- Central Office, 112 E. Post Road, White Plains
- Mount Vernon District Office, 100 East First St., Mount Vernon
- Peekskill District Office, 750 Washington St., Peeksill
- White Plains District Office, 85 Court St., White Plains
- Yonkers District Office, 131 Warburton Ave., Yonkers
- Training Center, 10 County Center Road, White Plains
Anyone wishing to make a monetary donation should contact Bryan Paler of the Department of Social Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-995-3987.