WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Assemblyman David Buchwald (D- 93rd District) announced that he has been appointed to the State Assembly’s Committee on Corporations, Authorities and Commissions.
The Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee deals with laws concerning private, not-for-profit and public corporations in New York, with a particular interest in the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), as well as other authorities that provide public transportation. The committee also monitors the operations and policies of the state Public Service Commission and investor-owned electric, gas, telephone and water utilities.
“Becoming a member of this committee will enable me to more closely address some of the issues that our families face with Metro-North and the New York State Thruway, and to help bring new businesses to New York,” Buchwald said in a statement.
In his first act as a committee member, Assemblyman Buchwald attended a hearing on MTA oversight on Friday, Jan. 10.
“Not only am I a frequent Metro-North rider, I was a Westchester County representative on the Metro-North Railroad Commuter Council," Buchwald said in a statement. "After this past year, with serious safety and service issues affecting the railroad, Westchester families and businesses deserve answers and improved responsiveness.”
- 1 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 4 White Plains Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits White Plains