WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in White Plains last week:
- New York State Police charged a White Plains man, Pascal A. Amoah, 36, with driving while intoxicated in Greenburgh, police officials said.
- The state is getting closer to providing access to medical marijuana as Gov. Andrew Cuomo and other legislative leaders announced they’ve come to an agreement on a pilot program to offer marijuana for medicinal purposes, according to The New York Times.
- White Plains Hospital has announced that it received the Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for the eighth consecutive year.
- Legislation authored by Assemblyman David Buchwald (D-Westchester) that relieves an unfunded mandate on county government passed both houses in legislature and is waiting on a signature from Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
- Gilda’s Club Westchester recently launched a free bilingual (English and Spanish) support hotline for women with breast cancer.
- 1 FASNY Plan Could 'Disrupt' White Plains Schools' Operations, Officials Say
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving White Plains Banks
- 3 White Plains Ranks Among Best Small-To-Midsize Cities In US
- 4 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts