WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- As part of Nonprofit Westchester’s Hot Topics Policy Briefing series, a group of representatives from the county’s nonprofit sector recently gathered in White Plains to discuss the effects of the Affordable Care Act.
The speakers of the event were Lindsay Farrell, president/CEO of Open Door Family Medical Centers in Port Chester, and Leoni Parker, director of public health programs for the Westchester County Department of Health.
Overall, both speakers said the act has proved to be successful, despite issues early on during open enrollment.
The goal of the ongoing Hot Topic Policy Briefing series is to broaden knowledge of important issues, so that representatives of local nonprofits are informed on issues that affect the community as a whole.
For more information about NPW, call 332-6679 or visit www.npwestchester.org.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 White Plains Neighbors Of Proposed FASNY School Plan Saturday Protest
- 5 Astorino Pledges Westchester County Will Grow 'Smarter, Safer, Stronger'