WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- As part of Nonprofit Westchester’s Hot Topics Policy Briefing series, a group of representatives from the county’s nonprofit sector recently gathered in White Plains to discuss the effects of the Affordable Care Act.
The speakers of the event were Lindsay Farrell, president/CEO of Open Door Family Medical Centers in Port Chester, and Leoni Parker, director of public health programs for the Westchester County Department of Health.
Overall, both speakers said the act has proved to be successful, despite issues early on during open enrollment.
The goal of the ongoing Hot Topic Policy Briefing series is to broaden knowledge of important issues, so that representatives of local nonprofits are informed on issues that affect the community as a whole.
For more information about NPW, call 332-6679 or visit www.npwestchester.org.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 State Police Warn White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 4 Stepinac Grad Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler Breaks Windshield
- 5 White Plains Safety Commissioner Shocked By Ex-Officer's Role In Murders