WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - City Hall isn't slowing down for the holidays. Five boards and agencies are meeting this week. Here's a look at what will be discussed:
- The capital projects board will meet in the mayor's conference room on the second floor of City Hall at 4 p.m. Monday.
- The Common Council will hold a special meeting at 6 p.m. Monday. The council expects to approve a special permit allowing Sofrito to operate as a cabaret. The council persons will then discuss the facade and exterior design of the former St. Agnes Hospital building.
- The conservation board will convene in the council chambers at 8 p.m. Monday. The board will discuss the French-American School of New York's goal of getting a special permit to operate a private school on the former Ridgeway Country Club grounds, the Salvation Army's plan to expand its headquarters, and plans to build an 18-unit residential building at 18 Harmon St. Board members will also give an update on the 1992 Open Space Inventory report. The full agenda is available online .
- The planning board will meet in the council chambers at 7 p.m. Thursday. The board will consider an amendment to add a new zoning category for bread and breakfasts, David Mann's and Ed DeLaurentis' application to amend their site plan for an apartment complex at 17 to 19 Dekalb Ave., and hold two public hearings for site plan changes in environmentally sensitive locations. The complete agenda is available here .
- The urban renewal agency will gather in the mayor's conference room in city hall at 9 a.m. Friday.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.