WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains native Brendan Siebecker is set to travel to Omaha, Neb., to meet with Warren Buffett later this month.
Siebecker is a senior at the College of the Holy Cross. Holy Cross students will meet Buffett in Omaha as part of a trip hosted by the student-led Finance Club on Jan. 31. The schedule includes a question-and-answer session with Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway headquarters and tours of three Berkshire Hathaway subsidiaries.
"Holy Cross students will interact with Buffett for the price of a plane ticket and an enthusiasm for investing," representatives said. "They’ll also participate in preparatory activities designed to put them at their best advantage."
Holy Cross investment officer Dan Ricciardi ’06 will lead a workshop in which students look at Berkshire Hathaway’s individual subsidiaries.
“There’s a lot more to running a business than just knowing basic financial metrics,” said Ricciardi, who will accompany students on the trip, in a release. “Seeing these businesses work and operate and understanding a corporation as a living, breathing thing: this is something students really get excited about.”
- 1 White Plains Neighbors Of Proposed FASNY School Plan Saturday Protest
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 5 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition