WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains High School alumni Al and Marjorie Renino recently celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary surrounded by family at the home of their youngest son, Gregory Renino.
The couple met at White Plains High School when Al went to visit his former music teacher, Frank Schmidt, during a band practice. Schmidt asked him to see if he could repair the thumb-rest on student Marjorie Herrmann's oboe, which he did successfully.
Al and Marjorie were married on Aug. 22, 1954, at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church in White Plains. Since then, they have had seven children, who have given them three grandchildren.
The Reninos continue to make their home in White Plains.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 White Plains' AMF Bowling Center Renovated, Re-opening As Bowlmor Lanes
- 4 White Plains Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News